# Getting Familiar with Gondola Studio
What You Will Learn
Gondola Studio is an extension for Visual Studio Code that helps you to create, manage, and execute automated tests using Gondola Framework
Ensure that NodeJS, Visual Studio Code, and Gondola Studio are properly installed on your computer by following the guide here.
# Login with Email or Token
See the article here
# Create New Gondola Project
- To create new Gondola project click Create New Project icon
Select the project's location
Choose a template for the project:
- [Gondola-Appium] Blank: An empty project with the default mobile configuration and the required dependencies only.
- [Gondola-Appium] Android BDD Sample: The same configuration as Blank but it includes sample testing materials for an Android Behavior Driven Development project.
- [Gondola-Appium] Mobile ABT Sample: An Action-Based Testing sample project set up to run tests on Android and iOS.
- [Gondola-Protractor] Blank (Beta template): A sample web testing project using Protractor and the required dependencies.
- [Gondola-WebDriver] Blank: An empty project with the default webdriver configuration and the required dependencies.
- [Gondola-WebDriver] Web ABT Sample: A sample web testing project using WebDriver and the required dependencies.
Input the project's name then hit Enter
Gondola Studio will create a project folder in location you selected.
Explorer will open so that you may start working on your project.
When creating a new project, Gondola Studio will call the command-line tool
npm -i in order to install the Gondola Framework and download its required dependencies. If you downloaded them before, don't worry if you see downloading... in the status bar. NPM copies the files from an offline cache if nothing needs to be updated.
# Run A Sample Test
In this section we'll show you how to run a basic Android test.
- Ensure that you selected the Android Sample project template.
- We will assume that you have a device with Android 7 or 8 configured and running.
- Open your project and find the file named gondola.json.
adb devicesto find the connected device's udid.
$adb devices List of deices attached ENUL63030121821300 device
Copy then paste device's udid i.e.
ENUL63030121821300into the UDID capability field then save the file.
Click Ctrl + ` to open the terminal
Compile the script with
npm run compile
Execute your test script by running
npm run testor
You will see the runtime progress in the console
After being executed, the test's run status and statistics will be shown in the console.
npm run show-report, and the Allure HTML test report will be shown in your default browser.
# Upgrading Gondola Framework
Sometimes you will need to upgrade Gondola Framework to the latest version. To do this, right click on your project's folder and click
Upgrade Gondola Framework.
Gondola will then upgrade your project's Gondola Framework to the latest version.
- If your project already has the latest version, you'll see this message:
- If your project does not have Gondola Framework installed, you'll see this message: